16 March 2022

Michael's new sweater



The big appeal of working in the attractions industry is being part of a community of creative people. To a great extent, the industry is made up of folks who studied art, film or theater, then found they could make a career in themed entertainment. I earned a BFA at Pratt Institute and found my way to a publishing career by combining various interests, skills and experiences including knitting and crochet. Before I was an attractions industry journalist and publicist, I was a needlecraft editor and knitwear designer. I've continued to knit and crochet, and as an upcycling enthusiast my recent projects are mostly done with scrap yarn. Here, my husband Michael models my most recent original design and creation. It's gone viral in an upcycling forum so I thought I'd show it off here, too.